eFolder Cloud for AppAssure Competitive Advantages
We built upon our proven cloud storage technologies and developed a specialized cloud specifically for the AppAssure replication and virtualization technologies.
We put in place automated systems for provisioning, monitoring, data lifecycle management, data integrity assurance, software maintenance, and other measures so that replicating AppAssure data is as simple as flipping a switch.
eFolder vs Public Cloud Providers
Not all clouds are created equal. The AppAssure CORE software, which receives replicated data, runs within a Windows VM.
The public cloud offerings in the current market have been built for compute-heavy VMs, and have not been optimized for Windows VMs that manage large quantities of data.
eFolder has built a custom cloud from the ground up that provides unparalleled levels of scale, performance, and reliability for the AppAssure CORE software.
|eFolder™||Amazon® AWS||Rackspace® Managed Cloud||Terremark vCloud™ Express|
|Cloud Ease of Use and Scalability|
|Enterprise Class Infrastructure|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)|
|Fully Managed Windows VM|| || |
|Fully Managed AppAssure CORE|| || || |
|Maximum Storage per CORE VM1||200 TB||11.7 TB||1.2 TB||7 TB|
|Virtual Standby VM Spinup2|| || || |
|VM Download After VM Spinup|| || || |
|Simple Pricing3|| || || |
|Email Support||Extra $|
|Phone Support||Extra $||Extra $|
|24/7/365 "Customer Down" Support4||Extra $||Extra $|
|Silent Data Corruption Protection5||Strong Block Checksums||None Advertised||None Advertised||None Advertised|
eFolder Cloud for AppAssure vs Building It Yourself
The AppAssure software enables partners to replicate their customers' AppAssure data to any Windows server running the AppAssure CORE server, attached to DAS, NAS, or SAN storage.
MSPs can leverage eFolder's vast economies of scale to enjoy all of the benefits of the AppAssure software, without dealing with the cost and complexity of managing a large-scale backend infrastructure for hundreds of clients.
Larger MSPs that already manage hundreds of TBs or have special customer requirements may find advantages in building their own AppAssure backend infrastructure.
Here are some factors to consider when researching whether to build your own infrastructure or leverage the eFolder Cloud for AppAssure:
- Capital Expenditures: How much will it cost to invest in virtualized storage, compute servers, and network and power equipment to operate an AppAssure service with a 100% SLA? Will you want to build infrastructure to provide off-site virtualized of failed servers and networks or only to received replicated data?
- Recurring Direct Costs: How much will it cost to host the infrastructure in a Tier 3 (or better) data center, including space, power, and bandwidth?
- Labor Costs: How much will it cost to provision, monitor, and manage the infrastructure and higher-level application services? What about additional training and support costs?
- Operational Complexity: What will my plans be for data lifecycle management, seeding base image data from USB drives at the data center, responding to infrastructure maintenance incidents, and other operational issues?
- Disaster Recovery Requirements: The eFolder Continuity Cloud is best suited for end-user customers with less than 250 servers to virtualize in the case of a site-wide disaster. Dedicated disaster recovery infrastructure will be more appropriate for end-users that exceed this recommended maximum, or if they have very complex network topologies (internal BGP routing, tens of VLANs, etc.). Note that this guidance only applies to the size of each end-user, not the total amount of servers under protection, which will scale far past 250.
- Special Data Requirements: Certain end-users may require that their data be kept within a certain geographical distance of one of their locations, or require special handling, audit, and access procedures. Will customer data need to be archived off-site to a regulated facility on a scheduled basis? All of these factors may preclude the use of a public cloud or even multi-tenant environments, and can be an opportunity for partners to build dedicated business continuity infrastructures using AppAssure software. What additional prices should I charge customers who have these special requirements, both upfront and ongoing?
eFolder has an open approach to partnering, allowing you to leverage only those pieces of eFolder solutions that will best meet your particular requirements.
Whether you just want to purchase the AppAssure software by itself, combine it with our hardware appliance (or bring your own), or replicate data to our public cloud (or build your own),
we'll welcome your business and commit to deliver exceptional service. Either way, you'll also enjoy eFolder's custom partner portal integration with AppAssure software, allowing you to centrally monitor both public cloud and private cloud deployments.
Learn more about the eFolder Cloud for AppAssure
Overview / How it Works / Features
Join Us Today
Learn more about our partner programs. Call us now at 800-352-0248 or contact eFolder online.
We'll offer you a 60-day free partner trial. No credit card required.
Offer free trials to your customers to gauge acceptance.
We're confident that once you test drive our solution you'll want to begin offering it to your customers under your own brand and logo.
Or don't take our word for it, ask your friends in the channel and see if they are using eFolder!
Chances are some of them have already joined our extensive partner network, like so many other resellers, VARs, and managed service providers have since our founding in 2002.
Go ahead, ask them the tough questions! We can also provide references upon request, or
watch what other partners have to say.